In a little over a week, I’ll be flying to San Francisco. I would say that it’s my first visit to California but that would be a lie. My parents took me to see the Redwood forest when I was a little over a year old; I don’t remember much of the trip.
I’ll be in San Francisco for six days. Some of the time I’ll spend with friends; some of the time I’ll be on my own. Since San Francisco is a pedestrian’s paradise, I’m planning on using the public transportation system (BART and MUNI) to get around when I’m not with friends.
In anticipation of walking fun, I’ve ordered a few things.
- new walking shoes – common walkers advice: never wear the same shoes two days in a row
- Streetwise San Francisco Map – a laminated city center street map of San Francisco, CA; a folding pocket size travel map with BART map, MUNI line
- City Walks: San Francisco: 50 Adventures on Foot
- Walking San Francisco: 30 Savvy Tours Exploring the City’s Distinctive Enclaves, Colorful History, and Back Alley Intrigues
- City Walks with Kids: San Francisco: 50 Adventures on Foot – used